thoean.com is a personal collection of work, opinions, texts and funstuff from myself, Markus Thurner. To view my old page (made in 2002), click here.
I am currently working as a software engineer who is based in the greater Zürich area in Switzerland.
Free minutes outside of work are dedicated to running, swimming, hiking, skiing, learning Spanish and a lot of family time. I’ve collected quite a few links on resources on how to learn languages and more specifically Spanish.
Software engineering skills
My education was focused on media technology and design. Eventually I ended up in the software engineering field, more specifically within Microsoft.NET and Java development. My professional experience is mostly backed by developing a few long term software products, whereas several smaller custom applications or consultancy added nice know how in various fields.
Languages and Tools
- C# (from good old WinForms to WPF and ASP.NET vNext, mostly multi-threaded server applications)
- Java (Spring Framework, Spring Webflow)
- Web (PHP, jQuery, Typo3)
- Databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Hibernate, Entity Framework)
- Business Intelligence tools (QlickView, SSRS)
- Process (Git, Jira, Test automation, deployment automation)
- Software Distribution and Inventory (NetKey)
- Web application firewall (airlock)
- Lead developer for production automation system within printing industry
- Technical project manager for long term product development
- Project manager for several nearshore projects
- Developer for several standard software products
- Developer for several web and windows applications
- Consultancy projects for .NET, BizTalk, Spring Framework
- Camera Control (Canon SDK)
- Barcode readers/writers (various brands)
- Label printers (ZPL)
- Control software of laser projection systems
- USB locking / devcon